Toro timecutter ss5000

carpy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a one year old Toro timecutter ss5000. It has been a great mower until yesterday. I started the mower as I always do and when I went to move it acted as if the electric break was still engaged not letting me move making a grinding noise. i shut down the mower and grabbed the owners manual and I assumed the battery charge was weak so I charged the battery and then it worked for five minutes. i began to mow and it locked up again preventing from moving any where. When I shut the mower down nothing works no click, no electric break release, nothing it wont even crank to start. I have charged batteries, bought new and recharged batteries, nothing....please any help would greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
I heard that this Z gets out of adjustment that the bolts back off that control the arms - the machines hydro adjustment makes it start to want to be in reverse - hence your slower speed .hydro wants to go forward and reverse - gives you the groan ...
Take it back for a free repair . The tech might have a factory update ?
Normally with the Ferris Cubs & Choppers at work the fine adjusting can be time consuming to get the proper hydro adjustment .
See if anyone else can help you

LawnGaucho

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the electric brake were broken, the mower would most likely "kill" when you tried to drive it. If that happens, it is no big deal and the dealer can replace it. Inconvenient for you in the short term, but the mower will last.