zero turn vs lawn tractor

granville

Threads
I have narrowed my choices down to 2 tractors....Husqvarna yth 24v42 ls or toro timecutter ss 4260. Both dealers are excellent ...not sure which way to go. Any thoughts....

redfish9

Threads
No contest in my book,ZT all the way

Parkmower

Threads
If all your goin to use it for is mowing. Get the ZT you won't be sorry.

poloman

Threads
My last mower was a lawn tractor. I always had a hard time with obstacles in my lawn. Picked up an Ariens zero turn and mowing is a pleasure. I now mow in half the time. After you have used a zt for about 1/2 hour you will have adjusted to the controls. It is much easier than turning the wheel of a lawn tractor. I also find that I have much more room for my legs. I am really comfortable on the zt.

redfish9

Threads
Done a whole lot sooner so you can get on the golf coarse on time:laughing:

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Z is just easier to get around objects and true zero turning is nice instead odd circles and turns you need to do with a tractor . I have tractors but use Z's at work.

granville

Threads
Does anybody tow a small cart with the zero turn

poloman

Threads
Mine is rated to pull 300 lbs. I will never use it that way though as I have a tractor.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would take the Toro over the Husky anytime. Just built better. As to towing, I would never tow with a ZT as the reserviors are not large enough to keep the fluid from overheating.