Lawnboy Model 7263 D-600

Wayne Fish

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would be very interested in locating parts for this vintage Mower. If I could purchase this identical model from someone it would really make my day. My lawnboy is relly giving me a hard time starting.
I've done all the troubleshooting and follow the Repair manual exactlly. Compression is fine, ignition strong, will rebuild carb again but it could be dirty exhaust ports or possibly the governor. My Lawnboy starts on the first pull even after all these years and I store it in my shed. Last year I replaced the coil and it ran fine. This season after several pulls it wont fire up

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome. :welcome:

I've got a few Lawn-Boys of around that vintage. They are such fine machines that I couldn't stop at just one. I search CraigsList regularly and occasionally find a great deal.

I suspect that you just have dirt or gunk in the wrong place in the fuel system. Ethanol in the gasoline has also made things worse for these old engines.

For parts, my favorite is K&T Parts -- prices are very competitive but their selection is limited. You can also try partstree.com. EBay is good for more expensive and hard-to-get parts.

Please post a photo of your mower. Note that there is a forum dedicated to the Lawn-Boy brand.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would check to see if one of the crank seals is bad. This is common on LB's as they age. Won't allow fuel from the crankcase to the cylinder.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Forgot to add, I get most of my parts through my Toro dealer. They brought out LB and I have gotten some parts as old as 40 years back.

pdqrunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
My neighbor just picked up a LB 7263 today. It looks clean and is complete if you are looking for used parts or need an additional unit. Tell me what you are looking for and I can send some pics. The mower is in Ohio