cub cadet tractor ; cable to engage cutting deck

brugre

Forum Newbie
Threads
the spring at the end of the cable which goes from the PTO lever to the mowing deck broke ... cable is fine but the big spring is broken. Is the replacement an assembly which contains the cable as well as the spring or is there a trick to getting the spring off and just replacing that?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am 99.9% sure that the spring is part of the cable as an assembly.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
If baling wire and duct tape don't work for me I would bite the bullet and buy a new cable assembly.
Seriously send a pic and maybe someone will have an idea that will work for you. Its called CE (country engineering).

brugre

Forum Newbie
Threads
bailing wire ain't such a bad idea! maybe I could "splice the two ends of the spring together and have it hold for a few hours.

I went to order the part but it is on back order everywhere: 10 to 15 days ... by that time, the grass/weeds will be taller than my house!

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Cub cadet uses such cheap cables from China ... Parts tree.com gets me better prices than the shop I work in .

poloman

Threads
When I was shopping for a mower I was reading cub cadet reviews. The cable breaking was the big complaint. Some people keep a couple of spares...

rgkleist

Forum Newbie
Threads
This just happened to me. Is there a schematic or instructions somewhere detailing how to replace this cable?