Walk behind Spindle shaft for "DR", manufactured by Bachtold

Threads
I'm searching for a blade spindle(shaft) to fit the hub on my "DR" (Bachtold). The people who sold me the machine discontinued it, and the web listing bachtold@midwestgibson.com does not seem to work. Any ideas where I can obtain a replacement ?

Threads
Just as an update---a letter addressed to Bachtold came back marked as "unable to deliver", nobody answers their phone, and the Bachtold website does not work either. Sad to say, it looks like Bachtold is out of business.

modela

Threads
Fortunately I was in luck and spotted two new shafts on ebay. I rebuilt the two units and did a post on them in this forum.

Jim

Threads
Well here it is, over a year later---better late than never. I finally ended up engineering and constructing an entire blade spindle. When completed it worked perfectly well. However, my new Briggs and Stratton Intek 1450 engine has experienced catastrophic failure after only 12 hours of operation. The warranty is currently at issue. An authorized service dealer has discovered bent push rods and a burned up valve. At the present moment, things are sort of in limbo. I now have doubts as to whether a new intek would be just another piece of junk, and certainly have doubts about repairs to the one which has quit. I ran my old B&S for about 20 years, and had no complaint when it finally threw a rod. I take meticulous care of all my equipment, and can't say there was anything I did wrong with the new Intek 1450.