Kubota 326 vs Deere 950

Too Much Turf

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I've been hunting for a ZTR to cut the 12 acres of my lawn I'm currently doing with a New Holland Sub Compact with a 6 ft pull behind. It takes 8 hours. I wanted to keep doing 5 acres of former pasture with the tractor and the rest with a ZTR. I've got some hills as well. I cut around the house with a 20 in Toro walk behind. Checked out Toro Z Master, Ferris 2000 series, X Mark and Kubota. Finally was thinking Kubota 326 for about 13,300. They've got 0% for 60. Solid... shaft driven motor...diesel...less fuel.. more torque... longer lasting...I'll die cutting on this thing...etc... Then... today I checked out a Deere 950a. 29 Hp 60 inch. (11,400) 0% for 36 or 3.9% for 60. This thing was SOLID. And the deck was a rock. I've put up others post and have gotten different opinions. Some feel the Deere will cut better. Others sear by Kubota and the diesel. I use diesel for my tractor and would save money on fuel as well as have a mower for 20 plus years if maintained properly. But Deer has been in the grass business many years and the mower had a lot of punch compared to the diesel. I;m told this is just a gas/diesel issue and diesel has plenti of power for high grass. Just ont jump mout of the gate like a Kawi 27 hp on the deere. After testing them again yesterday I found the ride smoother on the Kubota but will wait for suspension seat which I'll test ride this week. Thoughts. The lawns getting greener here and Upstate NY and I'm trying to make an all day 8 hr ordeal into the 2 of us sharing duties with both tractor and ztr and getting it done in 2.5. Any input appreciated.
Tim

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would stick with the Kubota. In the over all life of the unit $$$$vs. value you will come out far ahead. Properly maintained the Kubota will out live the Deere every time. Another plus, the better half will enjoy helping you on this Z.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
K
U
B
O
T
A

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have always had a Kubota preference...
Now if you were choosing between a Kubota & a Hustler... I'd have a hard time selecting... :smile:KennyV

mullins87

Threads
My dad has the Kubota ZD28 with the 72 Pro deck. It is a dream to mow with. I am a JD man.....I bleed green and UK blue. :laughing: However, if I were looking for a ZTR for your situation, I believe I would pick the Kubota.

Too Much Turf

Forum Newbie
Threads
So get the Deere. Lol. Just kidding. You guys moles for kubota. I'm leaning that way. 326. Looks like it may be it.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
We carry the Ferris at my store - underpowered ....told the Boss don't take them in for sale.
Have complaints from buyers already about lack of power.