SPITTING CARB?

fairtax1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm trying to get a non working mower to start. It was a "gift", so I don't know much of the history on it. The former owner said, "It won't start. Someone tried to repair it and it still won't start. I'm sick of it. Take it."

It's a 2008 model Toro with their no prime start system and a Briggs and Stratton engine. The spark seems fine with a new plug and happens at the right time. The kill switch is disengaged. The flow isn't blocked to the carb. The nut in the bowl is clean. I don't know how the carb could get any cleaner than it is. The blade has hit some things pretty hard, but the flywheel key is good. It had too much oil, but that's been taken care of. The butterfly for the governor wasn't properly aligned, so I fixed it.

My question for now is, when I turn the engine over, should gas be spitting out of the little brass orifice, just above my screwdriver, on the carburetor? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4221.JPG
    IMG_4221.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 26

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I could help you I would. There are a few guys here that seam to know every thing about every thing not sure why they have not helped you

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the cover that goes on the carb have a steel flap that goes over the opening to the carb ? If so it needs to be on for the engine to run. Now I could be wrong but I think the gas sprays out of the brass hole to get the engine running

Sent from my iPhone using LMF