Manual push lawn mower like grandpa used to use

kingmed

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a good lawn mower that is not to expensive and was talking with my wife about getting a manual, no engine push mower. With gasoline prices going up and not knowing much about lawn mower engines I was thinking about getting one for our small yard, the yard is not much bigger than about 120 x 50 if that. I also thought my 12 year old daughter would have a chance to get up and help mow at times. With all the experience here on this site would this be a good choice and if so which one would be the best brand, thinking about american lawn mower brand 16".

Derek

Threads
I think the Fiskars manual mower works well, just make sure your grass doesn't get too long between cuts and make sure it is dry. Long wet grass plugs up the blades

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Husqvarna also makes a good one.

VeRawr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recommend Shop Fiskars 18" Reel Lawn Mower at Lowes.com .
We purchased one but unfortunately will be returning it because our yard is just way too big to do it manually. I also like that Lowe's has a replacement plan you can buy with it.

sprinter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just get a good one. You get what you pay for on these and it can be a big difference. Keep it sharp.

qdsteven

Forum Newbie
Threads
do you consider one from China?come from factory directly,no more extra expense.

ssgricker

Threads
I have had good luck with a Great States 18 inch I picked up for 10$ thru the classifieds.