Timecutter SS4260: a couple of maint. questions

need-for-speed

Threads
I bought it last summer and LOVE it! I have already had to grease the front wheel bearings (using the grease zert) a couple of time because I could hear it squealing.

1. Do I need to grease anything else? What about the blade hubs?
2. what is the rec tire pressueres F/R ?
3. Is there a way to check / add air to the front wheels without removing them?
4. Is there anything else I should know about maintaining it ?

:cheers:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Greasing the front bearings on your 4200 once a month would be a good idea in your area. I don't know if it is very dusting, but if it is I would do it after every other cutting. If you have zerks on the jackshaft assemblies keep them greased also. Good preventative maintainece. How many hours a month are you cutting and what are the conditions?

need-for-speed

Threads
Greasing the front bearings on your 4200 once a month would be a good idea in your area. I don't know if it is very dusting, but if it is I would do it after every other cutting. If you have zerks on the jackshaft assemblies keep them greased also. Good preventative maintainece. How many hours a month are you cutting and what are the conditions?

Thanks for the reply rivets. I'll grease the wheel bearings monthly. My conditions are pretty light. I cut about 1/2 an acre (1 acre lot, half of it it is sodded). Some dust in the back of the lot. I only mow about 6 hours per month.

need-for-speed

Threads
Hey Granville - in answer to your PM question about my SS 4260 - I love it. A couple of things I noticed: most places carry the SS4235, but go the extra mile and find a SS4260. 2 more HP may not sound like a lot, but it is a 10% increase. It's also a bigger engine. They come in groups - the 20 HP is the same displacement as others like 15 HP, 18 HP and 20 Hp. The 22 HP engine is the same displacement as 22 and 24, or 25 HP (I can't remember the exact HP sizes, but you get my drift)

Also, I bought mine from a Toro dealer vs a big box store and it was actually slightly cheaper from the Toro dealer (who also provides full service). They only carried the SS4235 as well, but I got them to order a 4260 for me.

Finally - I bought the mulching kit and installed it myself. It wasn't too hard to install. BTW - I owned a Sears tractor style for 12 year prior to the Toro. I had never even driven a ZTR until I ordered it.

Buy one - you won't regret it.

granville

Threads
thanks for the review...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Forgot to tell you to check and clean the air filter about every fourth cutting. It seems that they suck a lot of dirt and air and need extra attention.

need-for-speed

Threads
Forgot to tell you to check and clean the air filter about every fourth cutting. It seems that they suck a lot of dirt and air and need extra attention.

Ahh, good point. Will do. I'm overdue for that.

Parkmower

Threads
Rivets said:

I think this is true on all ZT's