Repairs 420 pto not working

rbroug

Threads
pto won't work this year. have a jumper in the seat plug, also have 12v on both side of light and plug going to cluch. no - just 12v at all time, switch on or off. cluch wire to battery work fine but to mower and there is 12v all the time on both wires. also hour meter has 12v on both side of it. the hour meter has a 2ed black wire on it that not hook up, put it to ground and it was hot. all the lights work fine on the mower. just the pto and hour meter has 12v on both wires at all times switches on or off. thanks

rbroug

Threads
OK this is what happend last year i replaced the battery and put red on + black on -!!!! Never had the mower back on it till now right. After running out all the wires to find what was wrong with it, i happen to looked at the cable that was going to the starter. Then it hit me that wire went to the - side of the battery, i had put the battery in back wards. Now you see what i did, the motor ran fine this way. But i never had the PTO on till now, so thought i let you know what i did. that is why i had hot 12v on the black wire. :confused2:

bollingball

Threads
OK this is what happened last year i replaced the battery and put red on + black on -!!!! Never had the mower back on it till now right. After running out all the wires to find what was wrong with it, i happen to looked at the cable that was going to the starter. Then it hit me that wire went to the - side of the battery, i had put the battery in back wards. Now you see what i did, the motor ran fine this way. But i never had the PTO on till now, so thought i let you know what i did. that is why i had hot 12v on the black wire. :confused2:

Are you saying with the battery hooked up back wards the motor and everything else but the PTO clutch ran just fine?? Does your mower have a rectifier?
Ken

rbroug

Threads
yes it run just fine light and all but the pto. yes i have a rectifier on it not sure how that was working then. so got it all right now and work like it shoud