Echo Blower Not Working

blick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone, my name is Blick and I'm new to the site. I've read through it a bit, but this is my first post.

My Echo pb-250 is not working right. It runs, but not for long and I can smell the motor burning -Not a good smell. I took off the muffler today, and carbon is not an issue. Then I checked the air filter which was soaked with fuel so I cleaned and replaced it. Still not right, then I looked at the carb screw and it appears to be leaking fuel. Oil maybe?

I noticed there was also some black stuff like oil in the connexion to the muffler. Something isn't right.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

ASEAudie

Threads
Run it with the muffler off, it will be loud; if it performs well then the exhaust is the issue.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey everyone, my name is Blick and I'm new to the site. I've read through it a bit, but this is my first post.

My Echo pb-250 is not working right. It runs, but not for long and I can smell the motor burning -Not a good smell. I took off the muffler today, and carbon is not an issue. Then I checked the air filter which was soaked with fuel so I cleaned and replaced it. Still not right, then I looked at the carb screw and it appears to be leaking fuel. Oil maybe?

I noticed there was also some black stuff like oil in the connexion to the muffler. Something isn't right.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

I know you said you removed the muffler but did you check the spark arrestor screen and clean it. If that screen is plugged that thing will do what you described but I wouldn't run it without a muffler.

blick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Run it with the muffler off, it will be loud; if it performs well then the exhaust is the issue.

I did, and it ran well. It probably is the exhaust then. It was LOUD lol

I know you said you removed the muffler but did you check the spark arrestor screen and clean it. If that screen is plugged that thing will do what you described but I wouldn't run it without a muffler.

Thank you, I'll check this out. I did remove it, but I'm not sure I cleaned it enough