L111 Riding Mower won't turn over

JWW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower will not start, will not even turn over. It's like something is just not making a connection. I checked the air filter and it was fairly clean, Oil is new, spark plug is new, Fuel filter is new.

I even tried to jump with cables but nothing happened and besides battery was put in new last year and I un-hooked the cables for the winter.

Sometimes I can jiggle wires and stuff and it will start but today NOTHING I do will make even the slightest effort for it to turn over. What could not be making the connection? Thanks so much.

bollingball

Threads
JW Follow the positive cable from the battery it will go to the starter solinod. The the other larger wire on the sol. goes to the starter. turn the key to the on position and use a pair of plyers and jump these two large wires togeather be ready for a little spark it should turn over Try this and post back with the results.

Ken

JWW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Ken I will try that when I get back home tonight or tomorrow. Funny thing is that after trying to start it for 45 minutes I got fed up and went back inside. Two hours later I went out to shut the shop up and just for the heck I tried to start it and it started right up. No problems. I was beginning to wonder if there was a short somewhere between the back where you pull out that lever to push or move the mower when not running because that is the last thing I did when I finished cutting last week. I pulled the lever out to push mower back into shop. Then this week it just won't start. Thanks and I will post my results when I try your suggestion.

bollingball

Threads
Thanks Ken I will try that when I get back home tonight or tomorrow. Funny thing is that after trying to start it for 45 minutes I got fed up and went back inside. Two hours later I went out to shut the shop up and just for the heck I tried to start it and it started right up. No problems. I was beginning to wonder if there was a short somewhere between the back where you pull out that lever to push or move the mower when not running because that is the last thing I did when I finished cutting last week. I pulled the lever out to push mower back into shop. Then this week it just won't start. Thanks and I will post my results when I try your suggestion.

I am thinking a loose or dirty connection. When you jiggle the wires and it works look in that area for a loose wire. If it were a short it would blow the fuse or melt a wire. Check around the start sw. any any plug connectors.

Ken