Cub Cadet Zero Turn Blowing Fuses

ebozeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006 Cub Cadet RZT 50" that I bought second hand. Worked fine last year after I bought it. When I went to start it this year the battery was dead so I replaced it. Now I am blowing fuses left and right. It doesn't matter if it's at idle, moving, or the PTO is engaged I can't get it to run longer than a minute before it blows a fuse. I have replaced the solenoid (don't have a good reason why I started there) and still have the same problem. The other issue I have noticed is that the new battery has gone dead twice, it dies in about a week. I have checked all wiring, its in good shape, nothing is grounding out or crossing. Someone told me that it should have a 20AMP fuse instead of a 15AMP. I put a 20 in last night and it ran without a problem, except I noticed the fuse was very warm when I finally shut it down.

Any suggestions?

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
You might have a PTO on the verge of failing . Best to check all the wiring and look for mice bites or wear marks on any wire .

ebozeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
As stated earlier all the wiring is in good condition.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like you have a dirty or bad ground. Don't know a lot about the wiring of your model (fuse size) but your local dealer should be able to tell you the correct size. It should not get warm. Fuses blowing is usually caused by either a short or high resistance. By what you said I would believe high resistance is going to be your problem. Since you bought it second hand I would also check that the battery cables are the correct size. Someone may have installed smaller ones on you.

ebozeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll take a look this evening when I get home. Any chance this is being caused by the voltage regulator?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could be check the voltage while running. If it is more than 14.5 you could ( but not positive) have a over charging problem.