Looking to buy within the week, Cub Cadet RZT S 50 or Husqvarna RZ5424?

Rnbbhc

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking to buy within the week, Cub Cadet RZT S 50 or Husqvarna RZ5424?
Looking to buy within the week, Cub Cadet RZT S 50 or Husqvarna RZ5424? Which one is better for quality, resale, price? Need advice soon!

jetta

Threads
between those 2 always husqvarna very very good

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd go with the Cub Cadet, but buy either from a dealer.

Lostmtnoutdoor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would go with the husqvarna.

Traumer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to buy within the week, Cub Cadet RZT S 50 or Husqvarna RZ5424? Which one is better for quality, resale, price? Need advice soon!

Purchased cub cadet zrt s 42 last Saturday. I am very pleased with the mower. Comsumer Digest has awarded it a "Best Buy".

txzrider

Threads
Purchased cub cadet zrt s 42 last Saturday. I am very pleased with the mower. Comsumer Digest has awarded it a "Best Buy".

So how do you like it? Can it mow while backing up? is moving your foot from the gas petal to the small pedal to reverse a pain? have you used it on a slope yet? how well does it drive across the slope with 4 wheel steering?

sorry for the questions but I am looking at that as well. I am used to a snapper zrider with the joystick and the 4 wheel steering and steering wheel intriqued me. the deck and frame looks really flimsy tho'

Traumer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also had a snapper but found it would not cut as high as I had hoped for saint augustine. The mower pto seems to disengage in reverse. I have a sloped yard and I have not noticed any sliding even when turning. It cuts very good around trees and obstacles. The deck does appear flimsy. I purchased the mower on the reputation of the dealer as well as the ratings of the mower in Consumer Digest. It is important for me to have a local dealer who can service and repair it in a reasonable amount of time. On this purchase I stayed clear of the "big box" stores and located a dealer who was a BBB member with a good rating.

Last edited:

txzrider

Threads
Thanks for the reply I hate to hear the pto cuts out in reverse, I am sure that is gov regulation at work. My snapper did not do that and on the steepest hills I would drive up it and come down backwards to mow up and down. I like that it seems to work so well on a slope for you tho', might have to look at it further.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
We sell plenty of the CC Z's - issues are they are not water proof and need to be garaged or covered . They can and do catch fire if dead grass is not kept off the engine and muffler. - believe me I'll never understand how you can pay thousands of dollars for a machine and never CLEAN it.
Koehler does have some issues with rocker assembly backing off the valves - no start or 1/4 engine rotation complaints ... Nice machine enjoy .

Traumer

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the input and info. I am really enjoying the zrt. I keep it in the garage and clean it after each mowing. I will watch for the mentioned glitches in the Koehler,