JD 140 PTO Replacement Light Bulb # Please and Mower Deck Question

demiandvm

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / JD 140 PTO Replacement Light Bulb # Please and Mower Deck Question
Hello:
As a newbie here I wa wondering if anyone new the correct light bulb for replacing a missing one on my 140's PTO indicator light on the dash. Mine is missing. Also, any tricks to adjusting the mower deck so it does not scalp the lawn.

Thank You

xp14629

Threads
Cheapest option would to be to take one of the other bulbs to a napa or somewhere. Nothing special about them.

Rabbitking88

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are scalping the lawn, is the deck bouncing along? If so it might be set to low. Your height adjustment might have come loose or just plane set too low.

To start with, put your mower on something solid and flat like a cement garage floor. Check the tire pressure and make sure they are correct.

Check your highth adjustment to make sure that the wheels are just barely touching the floor. (When mowing they should be about 1/4" above the ground making the tractor wheels controlong the highth of cut. It will be smoother)
Then check to see by measuring the front tip of the center blade is about 1/8" lower than the rear blade tip of the outside blade. If not adjust accordingly by adjusting the mule arms. If they need adjustment, make sure both arms are adjusted identical so you don't have one side higher than the other.

If your deck is set accordingly, you should haven't have any problems unless your ground is very uneven.