snow blower attachment fo JD LT 160

maildaddy1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD LT 160 and I was told after I purchased it that JD did not make a blower for this series. Is this true ? would a blower from a different series work ? are there any after market blowers out there for this model?

Michael

Threads
This is gonna sound stupid, but, I know they are available because I bought the entire system for a freind of mine 2 years ago, however I could not find any info under the attachment section on the JD site, I would suggest you try the JD athorized dealer.
Now for the bad news, I had it here last year for servicing, & woke to a major storm, I thought it would be a good time to try it out, "I was not impressed" I found it had no steering with the blower down, & no traction with it up, yes we had wheel weights & chains, but that is just my opinion, the snow was wet & heavy, maybe you have drier snow in your area. Hope this helps.
Michael ::smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is gonna sound stupid, but, I know they are available because I bought the entire system for a freind of mine 2 years ago, however I could not find any info under the attachment section on the JD site, I would suggest you try the JD athorized dealer.
Now for the bad news, I had it here last year for servicing, & woke to a major storm, I thought it would be a good time to try it out, "I was not impressed" I found it had no steering with the blower down, & no traction with it up, yes we had wheel weights & chains, but that is just my opinion, the snow was wet & heavy, maybe you have drier snow in your area. Hope this helps.
Michael ::smile:

My older 318 was fitted with a front blade, even with chains and wheel weights I never had enough traction to push heavy snow. Finally ended up adding liquid weight to the tires, and the frame was strong enough to support a bracket I made for the back end that let me hang 150 pounds of barbell weights on it, that did make a difference but I still had more power than traction.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing works quite as well as power steering ... Well also ZTR steering...:laughing:

And there is no easy substitute for weight, when you need to plant power to the ground. :smile:KennyV

hayseed

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where can I find a snow blower attachment for my JD LT 160 (2005) tractor?

de dee

Threads
Where can I find a snow blower attachment for my JD LT 160 (2005) tractor?

try berco mac ,. they supply sears with blowers and blades,. and they have there own outlets ,. and some john deere outlets carry that line,.