Troy Bilt Briggs and Stratton 675 190cc engine acting funny

alan.jim

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy Bilt Briggs and Stratton 675 190cc engine acting funny
Ok so here's what I got going on. I am far from mechanically inept however small engines are not my deal. Having said that I am also a single father with one hell of a mortgage and I am sick of spending my money fixing this lawnmower every time I have an issue with it. SOOOO here we go: I was in the backyard mowing (obviously) and I inadvertently hit a large chunk of wood that I suspect my children were messing with. Needless to say I hit it. It still starts and all no vibration, I even checked the bottom end of the crankshaft and it's not bent. Since it still starts I don't think it's the flywheel key. The engine sounds like the valves are hitting. On top of that when I release the bar it stays running! after a little about 30-45 seconds it finally dies. Also it boggs down real easily. Any suggestions?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things are going on. One, check the flywheel key, it is probably partially sheared. Replace. Also, check to make sure that the blade is not bent.

alan.jim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I know the blade isn't bent I checked that along with checking the crank shaft. so I'll start with the flywheel key. I will let y'all know what I come up with.