The future of Mower Blades

orissa

Forum Newbie
Threads
We live in a country which seems far away from the large continents and trading markets, but this as proven to have always been a very decisive factor in New Zealand's development of Agricultural, Farming and processing products. As a country dependent upon local sourcing of products for many years, it has become our nature to improvise and create what was needed. We have a saying " that we can overcome most things with a bit of number 8 wire".
All this leads me to the explanation of my title heading. Our development desires have been put to good use in the past 12 months with the release of a very unique Brushcutter blade that is designed to fit onto most brushcutters and trimmers. It is Self-Sharpening, Fast cutting, Non Clogging, with a potential life of about 1000 work hours. The development of this blade has taken us down a positive and very interesting path when it comes to Mower blades.
The blade is designed with an aerofoil twist to the cutting edge which ensure that cut material is thrown clear of the following cutting heads. This has lead us towards the design of a system of blade that actually micronises the cuttings, which is the ultimate step for a lawn mower, and is much further down the catcher free, path than a mulcher mower. We have had this unit on tests for three months now and we are in the final stages of perfecting the process. We can produce a bowling green cut to any bodies lawn with this unit and we have done this by just taking a standard mower with catcher, and replacing the blade with our blades, then removed the catcher and WOW we get excellent cuts. Before you all rush in and say you want one, we have just another couple of months of testing, as these tests were through winter, and we now want to see what happens with the spring growth.
I will keep you posted, and in the meantime check out the Brushcutter Blade video on the web page
http://www.brush-cutter.com

orissa

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
orissa
Sounds interesting...
There was no link to a web page, so ... at least post a picture of the blade. I am sure there are others that would like to see it ...
AND if it becomes something to market , You could be among the first member advertisers here on the Lawn Mower Forum...:thumbsup:
:smile:KennyV

PS... I see this is your first post.... Welcome to a very nice and definitely World Wide place...

orissa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi KennyV
sorry about the lack of address but that is there now, You will have to copy it and enter it into your browser as the forum page is not HTML orissa

Attachments

• Blade pic.jpg
    Blade pic.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 25

mowsby

Threads
That does sound very interesting. I have been wondering what the next step of evolution would be for mower blades. I was rather hopping for some kind of laser beam mower but this one sounds nice too!

173abn

Threads
orissa, looks interesting.on a side note I knew a bunch of New Zealanders when I served in Vietnam,bunch of great guys.They introduced me to fosters lager. russ

orissa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Russ

Glad that you have memories of Kiwi guys but it was not a happy time for all.
Incidentally, Fosters is an Aussie Beer, ours is Lion Red or Steinlager

Have a Cold one for me Buddie
orissa

Ross

Threads
I'm definitely making a note of this for future reference. It just makes sense somehow that 3 blades are better than one. Nice job you guts, hats off to ya.