lawnmower stopped working

newguy1979

Forum Newbie
Threads
i was cutting the lawn one day an i just got finished cutting the backyard an my lawnmower would not start. i checked the gas that was fine . i changed the air filter cause that was needed. i checked the oil , looked a little low so i added so oil to it , an changed the spark plug . i also tried putting sea foam ( intake cleaner ) into the intake to see if that would help an nothing. so i gave up on it . i waited a couple days before trying to start it again , an the first pull it started up white smoke came out the exhaust an oil came out the air intake an oil was all along the base of the motor . what do i do

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to have to ask, but what do you mean by air intake?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The air filter where the engine takes in air

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try this. Add about one ounce of SeaFoam to your gas tank and run the engine for about 30 minutes or a full lawn cutting, and then tell us what happened.

possum

Threads
I think before trying Sea Foam I would find the oil spilling out all over problem and fix that. Sounds like you either overfilled it with oil or the carb is so dirty it is leaking gas into the oil and overfilling the engine. Check out your oil level and see if it has gas in the oil, then fix the carb problem if you still have one.

newguy1979

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I will try the sea foam in the gas tank . Just to let you k ow there is no carb on my lawn mower .

ASEAudie

Threads
Ok I will try the sea foam in the gas tank . Just to let you k ow there is no carb on my lawn mower .

The carb. that you say doesn't exist on your mower can be found where the air cleaner attaches.