Replacing blades.

Thunder

Threads
I hear all these tips about sharpening your blades, but all I've ever done is replace them when they get dull. I'm not a lazy person, I just think it saves time.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
So ... the next time you remove the blades, save them when you have some time sharpen them and keep them around as a spare set... That way you can rotate blades, always having very sharp blades on your mower... you will get a better cut, your grass will like it, and you may not wait till they are really dull before swapping them ... :smile:KennyV

Ross

Threads
You must be rich Thunder. I'd take Kenny's advice, he seems to know what he's talking about. You never know when you might need a spare.

Michael

Threads
I don't think your lazy, you just do know the how to's, & thats ok, but we all get better by learning, just google how to sharpen & so on, I am confident, once you do it, you will find pride in your accomplishments, Its a 5 minute job, & while its up there go a head change the oil, I always try to service my equipment, not that I am cheap, but I have a 30X40 shop fully equipped, I guess I love to tinker, so do my buddies, and often times there may be a cool one invoved. My late father said to me years ago, I was 8, he past on before I tuned 9, SON LEAVE YOUR FEARS AT HOME. He also said,"boy there's 2 things in this world that will hurt ya, Greed & Fear, ask Conrad Black & OJ Simpson.
Michael:wink: