yardman riding mower

c carter

Forum Newbie
Threads
my yardman riding mower jerks when im in gear an sometimes stops moving could the drive pulley belt cause this if not what could the problem be ?

mike yateman

Forum Newbie
Threads
it could be a few things belt slipping or the trany is going on the frits One of the linkages might need adjustment ...Is it hydrostatic

Lawnmowerman2

Threads
the tranny is going out, every rider made, over a period of time, they go, out.. inside the tranny are gears and nylon bushings, the gears are made of soft metal, they wear out, the bushings crumble an break, and they are forced up into the pump, causing it to become clogged.. then having to get a new tranny, or mower.. the maintence on the tranny is every 100 hours.. it uses hyrodlic fluid, when that oil gets hot.. it starts destorying internal parts.. so if its never been service. it will not move, or creep along.

c carter

Forum Newbie
Threads
it could be a few things belt slipping or the trany is going on the frits One of the linkages might need adjustment ...Is it hydrostatic

it is not hydrostatic its 8 speed 18.5 horse 46 inch cut

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will put my money on the rear belt but replace the front and rear as a pair as they work together.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

briggs

Threads
i would try the belts first