gas in oil?

mikey-940

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put mixed gas in my ridding mower. it did not make it far. now it will run for about 30 seconds and it floods out with oil and gas mix. it has gas in the oil. also blows it out the exhaust. can some one tell me what's wrong with it and how to fix? I was told a valve was stuck and I could put transmission in the breather and let it set.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
mikey-940 said:
I put mixed gas in my ridding mower. it did not make it far. now it will run for about 30 seconds and it floods out with oil and gas mix. it has gas in the oil. also blows it out the exhaust. can some one tell me what's wrong with it and how to fix? I was told a valve was stuck and I could put transmission in the breather and let it set.

I don't know if this works on a small engine but I know it works on a v8. We pour it in while it is running

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
You have gasoline mixed in your crankcase ? That can be stopped by a fuel line shut off valve - weight of the fuel pushes the gas past the carb and into the engine when the motor is off . This causes heavy white smoke - very bad for the engine with thinned out oil .

Carb might need to be rebuilt - but shut off the two dollar gas line valve and let the carb run empty . Turn of the key .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you saying that you put gas for a two cycle engine (mixture of gas and oil) in your rider? If this is the case it would have all the symptoms which you described. The fix is not hard. If you did this, do the following. First drain all the fuel out of the tank. Second, look at your engine oil. If it is above the full mark, change the oil and filter. Third, loosen the bolt on the bottom of the card, to get the fuel out. You don't have to remove the bolt, just loosen and let the fuel drain out, then tighten. Refill the tank with the proper fuel and start the engine. It is going to smoke for awhile until you have burned all the oil out of the muffler. If I have misread your thread and problem, please rephase your question and I will try again.