Repairs JD X110 - service query

tyman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hiya - I m new to this post so please go easy if I am asking a silly question.

My JD X110 ride on mower has just been for a service which was really expensive - I dont know if I should change my service company (i.e., the company that I bought the mower from and they are JD registered) or Should I just expect expensive service costs.

Specifically - A belt and the 2 spindles (above the blades) had to be replaced after only 115 hours of use. My lawn is flat with no bumps and I haven't been rough on the mower.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hiya - I m new to this post so please go easy if I am asking a silly question.

My JD X110 ride on mower has just been for a service which was really expensive - I dont know if I should change my service company (i.e., the company that I bought the mower from and they are JD registered) or Should I just expect expensive service costs.

Specifically - A belt and the 2 spindles (above the blades) had to be replaced after only 115 hours of use. My lawn is flat with no bumps and I haven't been rough on the mower.

Unless you had your work done by a John Deere registered dealer don't expect a refund. Its not going to happen. Yes that does seem like a lot of repairs for only 115 hours. I don't know why they changed the spindles without looking at them myself, the only reason I could think of if the bearings went bad. Without looking at what has been done or a reason it was done it would be very hard to know if your service company is a rip off or not?? But anyway welcome to the forum from NY state USA.