Weed Eater Maintenance

SallyA

Threads
I've had a Weed Eater for a while, but I can't find the manual. What kind of maintenance does it need and how often?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've had a Weed Eater for a while, but I can't find the manual. What kind of maintenance does it need and how often?

Weed-eater maintenance for most people or the average homeowner is minimal. The most that the average person could do would be to replace the spark plug, change or clean the air filter with some regularity, replace the gas filter when needed and grease the head occasionally, all should be done at the start of every season.
As far as how often these should be done depends on the type of conditions you're using it in or under and how much you're actually using the equipment, if it's (daily, weekly or monthly.) If the carb needs to be tuned you should take it to a lawn mower shop and have them make those type of adjustments.

mowing crazy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take muffler off and clean out exhaust port. That will always bog you down. Change air filter, or clean. Use the correct mix or you will be slow and sluggish. Have a pro overhaul every year.

BGC

Threads
This is a great topic and in my experience their isn't a whole lot of maintenance required or atleast it isn't anything hard to weed eater maintenance.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
like has been stated, there is not a lot to do, clean air filter, clean exhaust ports, adjust carb (very simple, high and low thumb screw needle)...
Like rekees posted, manuals online .com is a great place to find a replacement manual...
Very little to do, most all are 2 cycle engines. :smile:KennyV

SouthCentral

Threads
Worst thing for my weed eater is lack of activity. If I let it sit for weeks without using it, it doesn't like to come out and play without a few four letter words in its ear. But once it's started back up and running it's a good boy. :thumbsup:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's most likely the ethanol in the gas - run it dry before you put it away -- Sta-Bil makes a "Marine Grade" that helps eliminate the ethanol problem.
Worst thing for my weed eater is lack of activity. If I let it sit for weeks without using it, it doesn't like to come out and play without a few four letter words in its ear. But once it's started back up and running it's a good boy. :thumbsup: