Honda v Toro v Snapper

osporto19

Forum Newbie
Threads
wow!! this is a hard decision, I am trying to choose between three lawn mowers first choices is the Honda hrx217vka ,second choice is the toro 20382 super recycler, and last but not least is the snapper rp2170 ninja series
I don't know anyone that owns any of the three. I don't trust the sales people. They all say there brand is the best

Last edited:

Lawnmowerman2

Threads
When comparing mowers, one rule of thumb is cost, and repair... look at the warranty, and where in your area does repairs on the brand you have.. there is a secret to keeping a mower in top condition.. where it will last 10 yrs with out a major repair.. I have been repairing all types of lawn equipment for a few yrs.. and its 3 basic things to know... the 3 mowers you have chosen are a few of the top three..
and will last for yrs.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
People ask your question a lot on this site and I tell them they should ask each dealer to tell you which of the landscapers use their equipment. Go talk to these people. They can tell you the plus and minus for each. Ask about the quality of cut, cost of repairs, ease of use, and if they would purchase the others if theirs was not available. Also, ask each dealer what the cost of the following, spark plug, air filter, pre filter, drive belt, new blade, drive wheels, and their labor rate. These are common repair parts and you can get an idea of what it will cost you down the road. Last of all, what does your gut tell you? I could tell you what I would buy, but then others on this forum are going to start an argument and confuse you. Only you know your lawn and cutting habits, as well as how many $$$ is in you wallet. If your better half helps with the cutting, I would advise you to take them along. Good Luck.

osporto19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks that is some good information. I was try to find out if one of these three one stood more

cyberdyne24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree it is good to get a feel of what the lawncare companies have in there fleet. I talked to several companies in my area and they told me to go with the exmark commercial 21 x series mower. They sai d it has the durability and longevity. Honda is a ok mower. Personally there warranty is a joke but the options you get with that mower are very nice.

osporto19

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree it is good to get a feel of what the lawncare companies have in there fleet. I talked to several companies in my area and they told me to go with the exmark commercial 21 x series mower. They sai d it has the durability and longevity. Honda is a ok mower. Personally there warranty is a joke but the options you get with that mower are very nice.

hey cyberdyne are you saying Honda dose not stand by there warranty

Lawnmowerman2

Threads
the Honda or the Toro out weigh the Snapper.. the Honda, for your buck is overall the best for any size yard..

ProLikeJesus

Threads
Don't take online advise lightly though. People on forums like these give really good advice, and most of them have a ton of experience. For example, I got help choosing the parts for my computer online, and i got excellent help and advise. My computer is running great and had no problems so far.