Simple wiring for yard-man with kohler cv22s.

Rob47

Threads
Basically you will have two, three, or four wires on the engine. Let's see if you have and can find the following. First you will have the battery charge wire. Probably red, connected to the voltage regulator. The regulator is mounted on the engine and will have three wires on it. Two white AC charge wires and the red battery charge wire. This wire will be connected to the battery direct or to the terminal on the solenoid which goes to the battery. Second you will have a engine shut off wire. It will be coming out from under the shroud. This wire is used to shut off the engine. It will go to the magneto (M) terminal on the key switch. Third you may or may not have a wire hooked to the bottom of the carb. This is the fuel solenoid shut off. If you have this wire it will also go to the (M) terminal on the key switch. If you have a fourth wire please tell me where it is coming from. Wire colors may be different depending on the age of the engine. You have just asked about the engine wiring. What about the solenoid, lights and starter? Also, please take a look at your safety switches, I am a little worried about removing them from the circuit. If you take your time they are not hard to hook up if you have not disconnected them.

Hello Rivets, I have a Ferris Pro-Cut 61 (H2222K) that I re-powered with a good used CV22s (Spec.75534) . Of course the wiring harness was not a direct plug in. The engine wiring has 4 wires. The four colors are Red, White, Purple, Green. The green wire is not connected to anything and that concerns me. Does it have anything to do with spark timing ? The engine runs OK and charges the battery, however the cranking sounds like the spark is advanced; kind of like starting a high compression Chev. V-8 on a hot day - know what I mean? Or is the spark timing automatic on this engine? Perhaps the starter is more the issue. The engine also has an electric cut-off solenoid on the carburetor.
I sure would like some help on this ........ thanks.
Rob