Exmark wont start! Starter wont even click. Why?

Sunny b

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 52" exmark lazer z as, 2009 model that im having trouble with......i hade the starter rebuilt in february, have cut 50+ yards with it since then......without a problem......not its started acting up! It was just dying but would start back, then it would start sometimes but not always, not it wont do a thing! Wont even click, nor does digital display work......i have taken the starter off and cleaned all up, checked fuses, thought possibly a safety switch initially, batter tests good on a load tester. but now im stumped! Its 90* here and grass is growing! I dont have time to spare with a tore up mower.....any suggestions? Solenoid maybe?

possum

Threads
Cant be stumped if you have not hardly begun. You have good battery so go from the battery connections to the next point and then the next until you find your problem. Just need a voltage meter. The juice goes from point A to point B, from B to C etc. Check between those points until you find your problem. Do the same on the ground.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just 1 possible problem that some may not think of - I have a neighbor that purchased a new yard tractor (brand does not matter in this case) it worked fine the first use and she put it away. Next time she wanted to use it --- it would not start. Turns out, mice had chewed one of the safety switch wires in half. I fixed the wires and put the split wire loom plastic around them - starts fine. It may not be your problem, but wires that have been chewed could be making intermittent contact. I told her to put mothballs under the hood when stored and remove them for use - no more mice chewing the wires.

Sunny b

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well i took it ip to the shop today.....we looked at it, tried a few things......no luck. Starters good. Pto is good. The display wont work nor will it make a sound ir start....still not sure whats up.....that shops been selling exmarks for 15 years and they were even stumped.....so idk????? Anybody else got any insight......i really need these easter yards done! Thanks