honda hrr mower woes

gyard

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello, just joined this forum and i need your help. a couple of weeks ago, i bought a honda hrr2165vxa mower from an auction. it needed work and i thought i could tinker with it to make it run to see if i can do it. i brought it home and started it and when i pulled the cord it started but it ran at full throttle and it vibrated like crazy. i looked at the carb linkage and it was ovious that the springs that were there did not fit their placement. i would like to know if there are sites that i can download the factory service manual so that i can see where the springs and linkages are supposed to go. it is clear that the springs and linkages are all out fo place. does anyone have any idea what could be the cause or lead me to a site where i can download the factory service manual? thanks.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
hello, just joined this forum and i need your help. a couple of weeks ago, i bought a honda hrr2165vxa mower from an auction. it needed work and i thought i could tinker with it to make it run to see if i can do it. i brought it home and started it and when i pulled the cord it started but it ran at full throttle and it vibrated like crazy. i looked at the carb linkage and it was ovious that the springs that were there did not fit their placement. i would like to know if there are sites that i can download the factory service manual so that i can see where the springs and linkages are supposed to go. it is clear that the springs and linkages are all out fo place. does anyone have any idea what could be the cause or lead me to a site where i can download the factory service manual? thanks.

What model of honda engine?
Need to know the model, type ,option.
Try www.honda-engines-eu.com

gyard

Forum Newbie
Threads
sorry, it is a gcv160 engine with the roto stop

danbo

Threads
i brought it home and started it and when i pulled the cord it started but it ran at full throttle and it vibrated like crazy. .

the vibration could be a bad blade or bent crank shaft. i had a bent crank that was so bad the mower would move sideways as it ran. that was after i found out mowers dont like tree stumps.:ashamed: