U-Joint grease fittings on turf tiger

Bobby Boyd

Threads
I need to grease my turf tiger and am trying find the grease fittings on the U-joints. Could someone please post a pic showing where they are located.

Regards,

-bobby

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not all u-joints are serviceable..
If you don't see a zerk it will not be grease-able ... :smile:KennyV

Bobby Boyd

Threads
Kenny,

Do you have a turf tiger?

-bobby

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Bobby,
I was just looking at the manual but it doesn't show any procedures to lube the deck drive shaft. It does mention a slip joint so there is a possibility that the shaft may be easily removed. On some high speed universal joints there is a grease fitting in the center of the cross, but the joint must be swung to the max to expose it.
I'm not at all familiar with the Turf Tiger and because it has a horizontal shaft engine the machine is setup differently from the typical vertial shaft engine machines that use V belts to drive the decks.
Mad Mackie in CT

vilhelmas

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a three year old Turf Tiger. Grease fittings are located on the cutter deck driveshaft . One on the slip joint and one on each end at the universal joint. They are sometimes hard to see as they are found on the cross shafts of each u joint. I usually remove the rear U joint, and slip the shaft off the slip joint to gain some movement to see and reach the zerks inside the joints.

Last edited: