Problems with Husqvarna YTH2348

cajunrebel82

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH2348. This is my 3rd cutting season with the mower. After cutting for the first time, the mower started acting strange. Forward and reverse speed were greatly reduced. I could walk faster than the mower would go. Have tried everything i can figure out. Just put on a new drive belt today and the mower is moving faster but not back to normal. It slows down to a crawl on slight inclines and when making a sharp turn, and still moves at a snails pace.

Does anyone out there have any other ideas what it could be? My last resort is to bring it to a repair shop. Thanks for any help.

dodgefate

Threads
did u adjust the tensioner for the belt?

hibbs318

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH2348. This is my 3rd cutting season with the mower. After cutting for the first time, the mower started acting strange. Forward and reverse speed were greatly reduced. I could walk faster than the mower would go. Have tried everything i can figure out. Just put on a new drive belt today and the mower is moving faster but not back to normal. It slows down to a crawl on slight inclines and when making a sharp turn, and still moves at a snails pace.

Does anyone out there have any other ideas what it could be? My last resort is to bring it to a repair shop. Thanks for any help.

Hello I to have a 2348, I will check when I get home but on my last mower ayp hydro craftsman had same problem, follow shaft from your hydro pedal back,there should be a nut and bolt bhind rear wheel. You can tell if it shifted by rust ring where it was. Just loosen adjust back to original spot and should solve problem,I will check mine after work tonight and follow up,Tom in WI

Threads
Yeah. It's probably wear in the K46. Is it still under warranty? This may have had a three year wty. If so, immediately get your dealer involved while it's still covered.

Otherwise, you are probably looking at a ~$240 K46 rebuild job. The parts are easy to get from TT. They sell a kit of everything you need.

The best thing you can do for preserving those trans is changing out the factory oil ASAP and replacing it with a high-quality synthetic such as Redline or Amsoil Racing oils. They have very high levels of friction modifiers and low/no detergent. Perfect for a hydro.

hiway

Threads
Just seen this....and fits me perfectly since mine was fine when parked yesterday and won't hardly pull itself today. Will look into adjustment rod. Are fill areas for trans easy to find/get too? I see what brands of oils are recommended...but what weight? Mower only has 100hrs. Thanks

hiway

Threads
Seems one of the idler pullys on mine has "stuck". Gave it a jerk to free it and spun fine then. And off I went.......