Ranch King Won't Start

pantherguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I apologize in advance, I am not a car or any auto expert or even novice. I have a Ranch King Pro 16.5 that I'm trying to get fired up for the first time this year. Last year, I had trouble with the battery, so I had to charge the battery every time before I could start it. I went to start it this year and the engine? just spins and never starts up. My dad is supposed to bring a spare battery over tomorrow but I wondered if that would even fix it. Any ideas on why the thing just spins? I'm sure there are a million and I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thanks.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
No not a million just four. Are you getting fuel, spark, compression and is the timing right. This is all you need and it will run. Start with fuel, spray a little starting fluid in the carburetor and see if it fires, if not try a new spark plug. If there is much more you will need to do some mechanical work. Things to do, replace all filters and change the oil.

pantherguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. My dad knows quite a bit about autos, so I'll pass on these suggestions.

Thanks again.