Troy-Bilt rider 13a077tg766 will not move forwards or backwards

paries

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt rider 13a077tg766 will not move forwards or backwards
hello,
i have a troy-bilt rider I bought from lowes. I can not seem to find any manuals for this model #.

My problem is that the mower will not move forwards or backwards.

I have removed the deck and can see the belt that goes from the engine to the back and then also see the smaller belt in the back under the battery. They look ok. When i release the break the belt seems to tighten. Not sure how to troubleshoot this. Not real comfortable about being underneath while in gear.

If i put it in drive i can not push it

Any suggestions. Also have not been able to find a video on how to replace the drive belt that goes from the engine to the back. I found a good video on how to remove the deck and belts.

Thanks for any help
Randy

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK here is a suggestion. Start the mower put the speed selector on the dash at 6, put the direction selector at N. release the brake for a few seconds. Press the brake pedal down move the speed selector to 2 and the direction selector to either F or R and the mower will probably move.

Redmaxlandscape

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the idler pulley and all pulleys. Possibly take out the clutch and see if the gears are worn down or maybe it's seized up?

paries

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the responses,
one thing i should mention is the transmission is one of the CVS ones.

Not sure where the clutch is. I am having trouble finding the manual.

blue06van

Threads
is there a trick to replaceing the belts.
The one I got has 3 belts.
a)drive belt
b)pto belt
c)deck belts

Lawnranger

Threads
is there a trick to replaceing the belts.
The one I got has 3 belts.
a)drive belt
b)pto belt
c)deck belts

Get the deck out of the way first. Take pictures or draw diagrams of belt routing or you'll be back here asking how to route the belts. The trick I use is to remove the battery, the left rear wheel and three (I believe 10mm) bolts from the left side of the chassis that hold the variable speed double pulley in place. By removing the variable speed double pulley you will have plenty of belt slack to work the belts off and back on. I remove the short belt on top and get it out of the way then remove the long 1/2"X109" (in my case) belt. I loosen the center crankshaft bolt to slide the engine pulley down to remove the belt from the front and you'll have to finagle the belt out. Installation is the reverse of what you just did.

Make absolutely sure your belt routing is correct or you will smoke the new drive belt. I had one come into my shop that the owner just replaced the drive belt but didn't get it past the belt retainer on the variable speed drive pulleys and routed it on the outside of the retainer. Needless to say he paid me to do the job right and paid for a new belt again.

Good luck and ask more questions if you don't understand it all.