silver series ?

JKB

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member first post. I have a model 10201 i think the tags kinda faded serial 406 something rest is gone. Ive got a hill in my yard and if i go up and down cuting it, it will quit and not start again for a while like its flooded if i go side to side it wont quit at all is this just the mower or is maybe the carb out of adjustment. The hills maybe a 20 degrees or less

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably the carb. Try taking the plug out as soon as it quits. If it's wet we know it's the carb. This carb is easy to rebuild if you are so inclined and semi skilled get a rebuild kit. Make sure you clean all internal parts very well.

Sdoner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sometimes 2 stroke machines have a problem with the exhaust clogging up and causing a lack of power and hard starting. I used to work at a lawn mower shop, we uses to take the mufflers off and clean them out of all carbon deposits.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It could be that the float on the carb can't work (it depends on gravity) if tilted above a certain angle. A 20 degree slope is very steep -- lots of people can't walk on a hill that steep.

JKB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ive taken the plug out when it quits its dry and I've pulled it a couple times with the plug out too to try and dry it out. The only thing that works is to let it sit for 10 to 15 min and it will start right up. Ive got some parts coming to rebuild the carb and i see theirs a screen in the carb maybe thats dirty see what happens after that. Thanks for the responses.

JKB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sometimes 2 stroke machines have a problem with the exhaust clogging up and causing a lack of power and hard starting. I used to work at a lawn mower shop, we uses to take the mufflers off and clean them out of all carbon deposits.

I'm going to clean the exhaust while I'm at it too.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the carb is the problem, probably the needle valve is sticking. When you let it sit the float bowl is refilling and you then you can restart it. I would also check the fuel flow from the tank to the carb. When you pull the fuel line you should see a steady flow of fuel.

JKB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Follow up last week put new needle, seat , cleaned screen didn't really look that bad and a new plug.I cut the hill first then the side yard ran great thought it was fixed let it set while went to get something to drink came back out wont start. I wait about 20 minutes come back out starts right up. So i just got a new coil for it figured all that's left. Just put it on started right up but the grass doesn't need cut yet so hopefully when i cut next its fixed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good luck, I think your problem is solved.