Attachments lets see your handy work

tweedlecat

Threads
i got a few spare lawn tractors laying around. i'd like to get some ideas on homemade modifications or attachment to try, any pics or sugaetions would be great. thanks

jenkinsph

Threads
Here are some pictures of a new landplane I built this past week for mine. Took these pics Sunday and still have to finish a few welds and grind. Will paint it this weekend. This weighs about 400 lbs and is made to smooth out new lawn areas where my larger tractor can't fit.

This is a good implement to have to fix rough lawn areas that need holes and depressions filled and smoothed.

tweedlecat

Threads
wow jenkinsph that looks good, i am going to attempt somthing similar, but more like a box blade i think, i hope it turns out half as well as yours.

jenkinsph

Threads
Thanks for the compliment,:smile:

Some things are easier to build than others, I bought my boxblades because I had no way to form the rear curved pieces. The landplanes I could deal with, heres pics of an 8' landplane and 8' harrow I built for my 4520 tractor, I will build a smaller harrow soon for the x749 that is similar. Also pics of the large and small boxblades. I use the larger stuff to do most of the work and use the smaller stuff to get in the tight spots and under trees.

I have a few other builds but most are for the larger tractor and 110tlb. I have only had the x749 for the last year and will continue to build a few more attachments as time permits. I recommend you look carefully at which things lend themselves to being home shop built. The harrow for instance cost me about $250 to build, was easy to do yet hard to find in my locale. Made more sense to build than to buy.