Repairs la105 brakes

tweedlecat

Threads
the brakes on my la105 are not working, i can't seem to figure it out. it is not a hydrostatic. and probably simle but i am getting frusterated. thanks!

Jim104

Threads
the brakes on my la105 are not working, i can't seem to figure it out. it is not a hydrostatic. and probably simle but i am getting frusterated. thanks!

The brake only has one 5/8 nut for adjustment. After you have adjusted that nut in and still have no brakes, it is probably an oil seal leaking into the brake cavity. The LA105 brake is inside the transaxle separated by an oil seal in the transmission. When the oil seal fails, brakes get wet with oil and don't hold. The complete transaxle has to be removed and separated to replace this seal. Ubless you are a good mechanic, take it to the dealer.

tweedlecat

Threads
thanks, it turns out i pulled up the diagram to the deere and the washer on the adjusment nut was installed in the wrong order, so it wouldnt release and wore pads down.so i got new pads and cleaned the "plungers". works good now. when i explained this to the dealer they said it was whoever set it up and did final check. i agreed, then told them they did it. no no no they say! oh well its fixed. thanks

Jim104

Threads
thanks, it turns out i pulled up the diagram to the deere and the washer on the adjusment nut was installed in the wrong order, so it wouldnt release and wore pads down.so i got new pads and cleaned the "plungers". works good now. when i explained this to the dealer they said it was whoever set it up and did final check. i agreed, then told them they did it. no no no they say! oh well its fixed. thanks

How could the adjustment nut be installed in the wrong order? Maybe mine is also installed wrong. Can you provide more detail?

tweedlecat

Threads
the washer on the adjustment is suppose to be on the outside of the lever, between that and the little bracket that goes to front mount bolt. it was installed in front of the lever so it would not release the dowels in the jaw, which by the way i took out and oiled and cleaned really well. here is the address to check the skematic, i hope it helps. John Deere - Parts Catalog :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jim104

Threads
Exactly what washer are you talking about installed wrong? Is it in the adjustment mechanism at the rear or somewhee else in the linkage?

tweedlecat

Threads
its the one on the adjustment mechanism. it was put on in the wrong order at the factory so it wouldn't release completely and wore down the pads