John Deere LT155 throttle issue

Tnav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 13 year old riding mower. Been very reliable, but this year ran into the following issue. Will only run with throttle wide open, or throttle at slow idle. Engine dies if I leave throttle at "normal" range. Checked gas, drained tank, refilled with fresh gas. Is this a carb issue? Is this something I can work on myself? All cables and springs appear to be functioning properly. All help appreciated.

Tim_inc.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 13 year old riding mower. Been very reliable, but this year ran into the following issue. Will only run with throttle wide open, or throttle at slow idle. Engine dies if I leave throttle at "normal" range. Checked gas, drained tank, refilled with fresh gas. Is this a carb issue? Is this something I can work on myself? All cables and springs appear to be functioning properly. All help appreciated.

I am having he same issues. Sounds like it going to blow up. It will run and work but only at max throttle. I cleaned the carb, new plug, new gas...

Super High revs.

Gong to start braking it down. Any ideas where to start?

Daggerwin

Threads
Check the fuel/air mixture screw is set correctly. If you haven't done so already, thoroughly clean the carb and the jets, make sure they are totally clean. Don't strip the engine down until you have totally eliminated the carb.

Tnav

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having he same issues. Sounds like it going to blow up. It will run and work but only at max throttle. I cleaned the carb, new plug, new gas...

Super High revs.

Gong to start braking it down. Any ideas where to start?
Replaced carb with new unit. All is well, working like new.