Are mowers like cars?

noodle

Threads
I am just wondering if mowers are like cars in the sense of end of the year sales. Like when 2011 cars come out the 2010 cars will go on sale. Do they do the same thing with mowers?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes the sales start in late summer and into the fall... not many people are planning to mow a lot of grass during the off season so sales are down...
Spring is when the new mower year supply shows up for sale and that typically is the highest price for any particular model...
now is getting into the start of mower sales time... happy shopping. :smile:KennyV

DakotaMM

Threads
I am so pleased to hear this. It just so happens I need to get a mower. I could probably make due with out until next season (a neighbor mows it now). Still I have the money for a mower now. If I can get a good price I would be happy with that.

Hoss

Threads
Get it while the gettiin's good! If you don't have that big of a lot, get a Yard Man push mower. They are very reliable and easy to operate.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get it while the gettiin's good! If you don't have that big of a lot, get a Yard Man push mower. They are very reliable and easy to operate.

MTD is a good choice.... Yard Man is an MTD brand. If you stick with that you will be able to find any parts you need easily. I have an MTD (6.25 hp High Wheel) I have been patching up for 10 years. I'm going to use it until it stops.

mowsby

Threads
I am a big fan of them as well. There is nothing worse then getting what you think is the perfect mower to find out that getting the parts will have you jumping through hoops.