6.5 toro recycler not starting when hot

duberz

Forum Newbie
Threads
my mower works fine first two pulls when it's cold, but after cutting one side of the yard or stopping to move something etc it wont start again when it's hot.

Is it getting too hot? not even sure how it stays cool just via oil and fuel? I changed the air filter, oil, and plug and didn't fix anything. It also blows a bit of smoke in the first 2 minutes now

Any suggestions?

possum

Threads
Sounds like your choke is shutting when the engine is stopped. If its a Briggs its probly the thermostat behind the muffler that tensions up and controls the choke . Its not hard to figure out, pull the air filter and check to see if the choke is closed after hot shut down. Common break down on Toro Briggs as well as others with this type engine.

duberz

Forum Newbie
Threads
yeah that's something i checked, i hear the ignition coils act up too. i'm going to try and test to see if i have spark after being hot

Firebird2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro 20039 personal pace rough running and a whooping sound, I found the flywheel key sheared(fixed), A hole in the head gasket (fixed), cleaned carb, starts but stalls and is hard starting very frustrating, come to find out the wrong primer bulb was replaced with a solid bulb and not the correct one with a hole in it p/n 694395 used on non adjustable carbs, it now starts on the first pull ?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you notice this post was from 2012?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well if you are trying to help someone that is no longer here then you are beating a dead horse so to say. Most of the post you posted to had already had an answer which is also beating a dead horse. If you want to tell everyone about your own experience, then you start a new thread and post it as informational. Lots of those post are on here. It is a lot easier to search for as well.

primerbulb120

Threads
Is it ever too late to post ??

You added some good, useful information to this thread, which may end up helping somebody with a similar problem who finds this thread while doing research. :smile::thumbsup:

primerbulb120

Threads
Well if you are trying to help someone that is no longer here then you are beating a dead horse so to say. Most of the post you posted to had already had an answer which is also beating a dead horse. If you want to tell everyone about your own experience, then you start a new thread and post it as informational. Lots of those post are on here. It is a lot easier to search for as well.

I think what he did is just fine. It might help anyone who comes across this thread while researching their problem. :thumbsup:

EMD

Forum Newbie
Threads
The late post just helped ME! I had the same issue and came here for an answer and landed here... Keep up the posting because this is how we can help each other. No sense in bashing someone for a late post that is so helpful.. never too late to post but a bigger waste of our time reading several post condemning a guy for being late.. cannot believe one has that much time. I just appreciate finding help...