Brute Briggs and Stratton Belt Cover HELP!

jmf728

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am the owner of a two year old Brute Briggs and Stratton rear-wheel self-propelled mower, 675 series, 190cc, model 7800802, which was discontinued in 2010 to make room for the new model.

The belt cover on top of the mower does not contain any screws for removal like every other lawn mower ever made in the existence of lawn mowers. There seems to be a cover underneath the mower, however, after all screws were removed, the sucker won't budge or open. I can clearly see the belt is off of the propeller but I need to remove the cover on the top of the mower to replace the belt. I have spent over three hours trying to figure this out and i'm a little upset that I can't figure this one out. It's not in the manual, not in any forum online, I can't find it anywhere.

I've tried lifting the cover, pushing both sides inwards in hopes it would pop out, but to no avail. There is a screw (allen fitting) underneath that will need to be removed to actually remove the belt, however, this does not pertain to the belt cover on top of the mower. The only two things I have no tried are actually removing the blade, which again, has no connection to where I'm going, and I have not removed the entire engine from the block.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

jmf728

Forum Newbie
Threads
Correction **This is a front-wheel propeller** Sorry about that.