Husqvarna GTH 2448 won't start

highlydriven

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone I'm new here and need some help. I tried to start my mower after a long winter off-season today and as expected the battery was dead so i jumped it off my atv and it spun and spun but no start. Oil level is good...drained gas and replaced with fresh fuel and checked fuel pump is pumping. Also checked for spark and got jolted so i think its getting fire....but still no start. Is there anything else you guys/gals can suggest I check next? I am usually pretty good at fixing just about anything but not real familiar with these engines ( B&S 26hp extended life series ).
thanks in advance for your help.

fastback

Threads
It is possible that the float or needle valve is stuck. You can try tapping very lightly with the handle of a screwdriver on the bowl, this sometimes works.

highlydriven

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is possible that the float or needle valve is stuck. You can try tapping very lightly with the handle of a screwdriver on the bowl, this sometimes works.

thats kinda what i was thinking too, will probably go ahead and drop the bowl and make sure everything is clean............thanks for the input!