New Zero-Turn

jimrs

Threads
I went and picked up my new ZeroTurn Toro SS4235 mower this morning. My son went with me and we got it loaded I had no problems. I got it home and tried it out on the front lawn, Ha this is going to take some getting used to. I am having problems keeping it going where I want it to go. Trimming up close is real hard. I find that one lever is ahead of the other it will go straight. It's not much of a difference but it's there.

It's trying to rain so I guess I will have to put it up for now and try at a later date. Anyone have any clues on driving this that will help me from running over things and getting into places that I did not want to go?

I forgot to take any pictures but will get some when the weather gets better.

Parkmower

Threads
Go slow at first.take it easy the first few cuts. Pretty soon it'll be second nature.

jimrs

Threads
I picked up my new ZTR Toro today. What a difference I was told it would cut the mowing in 1/2. It cut about 15 min off, not because it's slow but I'm old. I have to learn to drive again. I just cut my back yard and part of the front with it and I'm impressed but still must learn to drive again. When they say zero turn they mean it, even if it digs a hole under one tire. I will never buy another lawn tractor after using this I did the whole back yard and only had to weedeat along the fence and around the trees. With the old JDeere I had to weedeat and mow with my push mower then get on the tractor. It might have just cut my mowing in 1/2 if you don't have to edge mow again. I'm think I might be happy about that.

I'm finding out that if I go slow I do o.k. except cutting around something then I hang the back wheel on what I'm cutting around. I guess after a few times it will become easier and the yard looks great.