pulling saplings

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have some tree sapling that got started in my rhubarb pach. I have been trying to pull them out. The problim is how do you get a hold on them to pull them out by the roots? Everthing I try just slips off.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have some tree sapling that got started in my rhubarb pach. I have been trying to pull them out. The problim is how do you get a hold on them to pull them out by the roots? Everthing I try just slips off.[/QUOTE

Use a clove hitch knot. If you've cut them off leaving a stub a few inches long use the knot pictured by placing A on top of B and dropping that over the stub trunk and tighten it just a little. To remove, wiggle it a little until it loosens and slide it off retaining the knot configuration and it's ready to slip over the next one.

If you haven't cut them off then use the same knot but tie it as the scout book suggest but the two loop method is ten times faster.

1/4" chain pictured works OK on 1 inch and larger. For smaller shrubs a little smaller chain or a good rope may be necessary.

Attachments

• Clove Hitch.jpg
    Clove Hitch.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 15