Cub Cadet 1525 Mulching?

Larry

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1525 with the 38" deck and I love it. The thing is that I have been bagging and I am sick of it. I need the plug for mulching or can I just block off the side discharge and it will mulch? I feel like mulching mowers need 2 blades per pulley but I only have 1 blade per pulley.

Michael

Threads
One Blade per pully, get a raker blade, they are not cheap, but the performance will astound you, yet I cannot figure out why you could'nt find this info without goig to a help site, are telephones extinct, I go to a site when I have exhausted all paths of resourse, you could have called your local dealer, however if you like I can send you at least 75 options for blade choice, but you would need to answer 30 questions, there is a prper tool for every job.
Michael:rolleyes:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Larry & welcome to the Lawn Mower Forum...

Your wanting to get out of bagging grass is understandable... Lots more work and less nutrition back on the ground with bagging.
Your deck may work ok just blocking off the discharge, a plug to keep the under deck shape, would be ideal but not absolutely necessary.
The multi blade configuration is OK but if you just stack 2 blades in an X pattern on each spindle you end up with the bottom blade lower than the deck was intended to have blades spinning... I tried that with my 44 inch Cub Cadet long ago and did not care for the results.
Measure your blade s and replace them with mulching blades you will have great results using them...
Even with the discharge chute open if you mow in a clock wise pattern, so you are discharging into uncut grass. You will re-cut it on your next pass and have no build up until you get to the center and then just re-cut that narrow strip a few times ... all the clippings will be gone. :smile:KennyV

cwmdc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had real good luck with 敵ator Blades? you can use them with the plug in or out. If you look around on the net some, you can find them fairly reasonable.