Faulty Lights on John Deere LR135 Mower

cfmechanics

Threads
Hi everyone I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem with the lights on my John Deere LR135 mower.
Basically what the problem is when you flick the on/off switch for the lights on the dash the lights don't come on however if you press hard down while you turn the on they come on (sometimes). I have checked the connection to the switch and its all fine so do you think it's just as faulty switch?

Thanks.

benski

Threads
It sure sounds like a faulty switch to me. I presume you've checked all the wiring and connections for condition, tightness, etc.? As a last gasp effort, you might try some electrical contact cleaner (like they use on stereo equipment, with the lube in it) and flood and exercise your switch. It might work, and it might not. You'll only be out a quid or two if it doesn't.:wink:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would turn on the lights and then reach under the dash and see if the lights flicker. If they do you have a loose connection. If they don't a bad switch may be the problem, but not always. Did you try jumping the switch and then pushing down on the dash. If you have an ohm meter disconnect the switch wand check it. This should tell you if the switch is bad. Shouldn't be hard to solve, but remember it is ELECTRICAL Problems

snapsstorer

Threads
it may just as well to take ohmmeter and check the switch while turned on and off. if no reading either way it will most be becuase the switch is going bad. then you may as well replace it