Briggs diode wire harness part #844547

Alan Dez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know the value of the diodes in the wire harness to the coils part number is 844547? What is the purpose of this diode harness? Will it prevent an engine from starting? Thanks for your help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The diode's prevent the modules from grounding themselves to each other. If the diode shorts open you can't shut it off. If the diode short closed it won't start, at least on one cylinder if one diode is bad.

Alan Dez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks ilengine, do you know know the value of the diodes that is used in the harness? I have one diode that has burnt and the other one I cannot read the numbers on it. Thanks again.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know the values and not sure if any briggs dealer would, because most repair shops would just replace the harness between the igntion modules. would be more expensive for the shop to remove and replace single diodes.

Alan Dez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help! I was going to replace the diode, will replace the harness.

Alan Dez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Briggs diode wire harness part #844547 diode update

If any one is interested, the diode number for briggs harness #844547 is 1N4007 available for pennies on ebay.