not a clean cut in the middle?

bubba827

Threads
woow was hoping the bent deck thing was not in the mix here ......... new deck cost about 2 grand for my mower...:(

173abn

Threads
might be able to fix it if it's bent.keep us posted please.would really like to know the outcome,good luck...russ

bubba827

Threads
OK any ideas on how to check if it is bent and if so how to fix it...thanks

Parkmower

Threads
My guess is try placing a level or framing square on areas of the deck and look for inconsistencies.

bubba827

Threads
Ok just an update to my deck problem.....i took my blades off and lowered deck back down to cutting height, i then took a level and put it on the bottom of the spindle where the blade bolts up.....well long story short the bubble was in the middle on all 3 spindles. i am going to assume that by this does it mean my deck is prob not bent? my thought process is that if the spindles are level then the blades would be also??

173abn

Threads
I'd agree on that however did you check to see if your spindels got bent when you hit the stump? russ

bubba827

Threads
spindles have been replaced with new ones

fastback

Threads
To me it sounds like you have addressed the deck in terms of flatness and it being straight. Since you have changed your spindles that sould be good. You originally said that you are net getting a clean cut in the middle. I would question the drive pulley on the center. Is it keyed? Is it possible it is slipping and not getting full RPM when cutting? I would carefully check the pulleys make sure they are working properly. It seems to me that you have done everything else.

173abn

Threads
I think fasttract might be on to something,I ate up a pully last year that destroyed the pully and the spindle.I think it started with the slot for the key being worn enough to allow movement of the pully and I noticed no cut in the middle,took the top cover off and started it up and made a quick diagnosis.Had to buy a new pully and spindle.you said you have new spindles so is there a chance you need to adjust the belt.did you put a new belt on?...russ

173abn

Threads
sorry,meant fastback...russ