honda hrc216hXA

tyjoja

Threads
Hi, my name is bob, I'm new to the forum. Have 2 acres in oregon. I bought a couple of used commercial mowers that I'm fixing up. Got new carbs for them, and 1 starts right up, runs good, blade engages no problem. But the self propel in not working. If you lift the rear wheels off the ground they will roll but not strong enough when the weight of mower is on it. Any ideas? like to do what I can on my own if/when i can. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks

kensnelling

Threads
A lot of the time the problem is a streched belt. Another possibility is a streched drive cable that is not allowing the drive to fully engage. I'd start with a new belt.

Ken

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Bob:

Can you reply with the serial number? (it's on the back upper edge of the mower deck). With that, I can confirm the exact model you have, and share some "no self-propel" troubleshooting for your exact mower.

FYI, as I recall, the HRC/HXA model has a shaft-driven transmission, so no belts. Could just be the hydrostatic fluid level....but get me that serial number and we'll help out.

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

tyjoja

Threads
thanks Ken and Robert, It is a shaft driven. The serial number is MZAN 6034353 HXA, I opened and cleaned out the drive shaft area and cleaned the dirt/crud out of there and saw the hydrostatic drive fluid resevoir. I unscrewed the dip stick and it looks like it could use some fluid, what fluid does it take? thanks again Bob.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Okay Bob, I have a few documents to share with you:

Service Bulletin on how to measure correct ground speed
How to adjust cable to change ground speed
How to inspect HST fluid level & bleeding procedure

What is your email address, and I will send them direct?

If you do need to add HST fluid, only use Honda HST fluid---no other brand is certified for use with this model. You can locate an authorized dealer in you area by using this tool; just check off LAWNMOWERS and enter your ZIP code:

Honda Power Equipment - Find a dealer

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

tyjoja

Threads
thanks Robert, picked up some hst oil today, have tried to post my email but when I do it won't take my post. will try to look in control panel or private message you, bob