Engine Won't turn over??

mowerjunkie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a Craftsman model 971.272140 and when I bought it needed a battery. Got the battery and it would not turn over, made sure the clutch was all the way down and I was on the seat. So then I jumped it over past the solenoid and it turned over but wouldn't start. When I was turning over past the solenoid if I pushed the seat down it would stop turning over. I contacted the previous owner who told me it was because there is water in the engine, and that they had this problem before and took it to a shop? I checked the oil....again and it shows no sign of water in it, I checked the 15amp fuse in the motor area and it is good. It's been to raining out to do trouble shooting with my meter but would like any help and ideas of what maybe the problem of why it will not turn over. Thanks in advanced and hope I am able to help others on this site.

jc56

Threads
When you are jumping the starter,do you have the key turned "on"?????I don't about the seat thing...that's not right.....have you just jumped across that switch????Also.have you jumped across the clutch switch and pto switch????If it had been under water,all electrical items would be suspect....you know key switch,solonoid,starter.....anything.I'd start at key switch and all connections and switches....then solonoid and starter.Just take some time to figure out.jc

packkelley

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you are jumping the starter,do you have the key turned "on"Did you get it figured out?????I don't about the seat thing...that's not right.....have you just jumped across that switch????Also.have you jumped across the clutch switch and pto switch????If it had been under water,all electrical items would be suspect....you know key switch,solonoid,starter.....anything.I'd start at key switch and all connections and switches....then solonoid and starter.Just take some time to figure out.jc
did you get your lawn mower problem figured out let me know