Ariens ezr model 915002

Alan Dez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi folks, I have a question about an Ariens ezr model 1648 that I bought. I did not realize that the wire harness had been modified ( almost completely removed).
I am trying to rewire the pto clutch and relay. I noticed in the harness diagram there is a diode, does any one know if I have to replace the missing diode? Can I just wire the PTO clutch without the diode? What would be the most direct way to wire clutch?

Does anybody have a harness for sale for a Ariens model 915002. Thanks for your help, it would be greatly appreciated.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello & WELCOME to LMF...

You can directly wire from the key switch to the pto switch and then to the clutch... but you will not have the interlock switches...
If your the only operator and you remember to have the pto switch Off before trying to start the engine.. Not that much of a safety issue, More of a very Unneeded load on the starter....

You can follow the wiring diagram to make a complete harness for a lot less than they cost completed...
The hardest thing to find is usually the various plugs... :smile:KennyV

Alan Dez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks KennyV for your help, I will be the only operator. What about the diode in the circuit? Also is the voltage to the pto clutch a/c or d/c? It looks like from the circuit diagram that it is a/c going to the pto clutch. I know diodes are in the circuit to give a d/c output but am not sure if this diode is in the circuit to prevent feedback voltage or not. Thanks.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is there to block 12 volts, from another path...
If you are mindful of how you wire it, you can go directly from the Switched 12 volt DC that is available on the Key switch (With key ON)... to the PTO switch and from that switch directly to the clutch.
Clutch is DC.
:smile:KennyV

Alan Dez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help KennyV I will try what you have suggested.