Scotts (John Deere-MTD) S4216 Mower

temarthers

Threads
Have one that does run, or at least missing parts to make it run, anyone got pictures of under the hood, on the side of the mower. It is a Kohler Engine, haven't had a chance to take a good look at everything, Weather not cooperating. I have the service manual and haven't really gone through it yet either, but some of the pictures are really dark and hard to tell what is missing or what I have to order.

Thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Post some pictures of what you have.... It may help figure out what your working with.... :smile:KennyV

temarthers

Threads
ok, will do. I went to Northern Tools, a guy there does the small engine repair and the warranty work, Great Guy. He had the exact same mower, but the guy did not want to pay to have it fixed. I took some pictures of it, will take some of the one I have. I did notice that most of all his modules were up by the engine, and the starter swtich on his was on the console by the steering wheel. I don't have a switch by the steering wheel, not even a hole, I found what I think the switch is by the battery compartment along with all the module and wires, wich are located under the seat. I think it goes in from the side of the fender to a black plastic housing, then the switch is sitting straight up from the fender on the right rear as you sit on it. The blower housing was on his covering the Magneto area, which is what I REALLY wanted to see. I do not have the blower housing, air cleaner cover etc.., and you can see the magneto which has 2 terminals with NO wires. Then coming up beside the engine on the carb side, you can see two wires that are not connected to anything. I have the Service manual, just can't/don't read electrical diagrams very well, and not to mention i beleive there is a part missing. I think it might be a Spark Advance Module. I think that module has two wires connect to, then two wires off of that module go to the Magneto, just without being able to see one what was orignally there, I am clueless. I hope to put up some pics of Mine on Friday or Saturday this week. Not sure if engine runs, my son's buddy got it, gave it to someone, gave it someone, and Now I have it, with my son hoping I can fix. I do know that the Guy from Northern Tools said you can't buy the Wiring harness. I thought I seen somewhere you could, but the owner of the one he was working on needed a wiring harness or the guy would troubleshoot the one in it, too costly so the owner is picking it up.